WordPress is a complete CMS (content management system) and it could be used both for creating sites with pages or could be used only to create a blog.
Post and categories are the essential part of any blog and post is the part which is keep on change or updating.
Post are added into different categories, like for a news site the categories could be Hot news, Business News or World News etc. Creating both post and categories is a simple tasks.
Lets see how we can add categories and post.
1. Login into your wordPress dashboard.
2. Hover on the Post link and then click the sub menu “Categories”
3. Add a category which you want.
4. Hover on the Post link and then click the sub menu “Add New” to add a new post.
5. Write down the title of the Post, Add the content of the post, Choose the category and then press the update button at right side of the screen.
You can also “Add Media” button to add the pictures in the post.